The following resources are intended to help NCSC members stay informed, network, and access the products and services they need to be successful. The Co-op does not endorse any particular resource. If you have ideas for resources to be included here, please contact the webmaster.
The most reliable and up-to-date resources for buying/selling equipment continue to be Craigslist, eBay and Facebook Marketplace. If you’re particularly interested in buying from/selling to NCSC members, feel free to post to our Facebook page.
Those interested in collaborating on musical projects, finding bandmates, or co-writing are encouraged to use existing online resources to solicit collaborators. Facebook is a great resource. Other suggestions include:
- Americana Music Association
- Folk Alliance International
- Country Music Association
- Triangle Blues Society
Performance Rights Organizations (PROs)
Inexpensive (i.e. free) options for self-promotion are readily available with tools like Facebook and Reverbnation. Or if you are bit web-savvy, build a simple Web site using WordPress.
- Facebook. Create a Musician/Band page, invite your friends to “Like” it, and build your fan base. Create Events for your gigs and watch your followers join.
- Reverbnation. “Reverb” is an online service designed especially for musicians, with placeholders for audio, video, performance dates, and more. With Reverbnation, you can have an online presence in less than an hour.
- WordPress. Create your own Web site. Use the free service at wordpress.com, or if you need more design flexibility, check out wordspress.org.
There are many online or print publications and Web sites that can help with skill-building (both instrument and vocal), songwriting, and almost anything else you can think of related to music. These resources are full of reviews and ads for great gear, new music, promotion services, and more. Here are just a few:
There are a number of excellent professional recording studios in North Carolina, with long lists of clients and projects. To name a few:
- Good Luck Studio, Chapel Hill
- Manifold Recording, Pittsboro
- Nightsound Studios, Carrboro
- Overdub Lane, Chapel Hill
- The Rubber Room, Chapel Hill
- Bella Music, Wake Forest