As a service to our members, NCSC seeks to stay current with gig opportunities across the state, including open mics. We recognize the importance of folks making their own decisions regarding their sense of safety when choosing to go play at an open mic. We suggest that everyone be cautious in considering these choices in light of the current pandemic.
An open mic provides an opportunity for newcomers to be heard, for seasoned musicians to try out new material, and for anyone with an act to connect with an audience. Performers and audience members tend to be very supportive. Open mics are a great way to meet other songwriters and musicians and to improve your performance skills. The most important thing is to have a good time!
Use the list below to find an open mic near you. For details, please contact the venue directly. If you know of an open mic that isn’t listed here, or if one of these has ceased operations, please contact us.
Come join the Chatham Community Library online as we host our “Fourth Thursday” Virtual Open Mic on the fourth Thursday of every month, except Nov and Dec. We invite you to share your art with us, whether you sing, play, write, dance, or act. The program starts at 3:00 pm with a series of nine (9) 10-minute open-mic slots. If you don’t want to perform, please join us as an audience member and cheer our artists on! Register HERE
Tongue and Groove Second Sunday of the month – 7 p.m.
Local talent from around Raleigh gathers to co-create a night of ephemeral art—including poetry, music, storytelling, and the occasional interpretive dance. Anything but comedy (not that you can’t be funny).
List opens at 7. Show starts at 7:30. Slots are 7 minutes (2 songs max, musicians).
- Abbey Road Tavern & Grill (Apex) – Tuesday – 8pm
- Abbey Road Tavern & Grill (Cary) – Wednesday – 9pm
- Aviator Tap House (Fuqua-Varina) – Wednesday – 7:30pm
- Berkeley Cafe (Raleigh) – Wednesday – 8pm – Check Facebook
- Brewmasters Bar and Grill (Raleigh) – Wednesday – 7:30pm
- Champions Bar (Raleigh) – Sunday _ All Day
- Deep South the Bar – (Raleigh) – Voted The Independent‘s best open mic in 2012. Tuesdays, doors open at 7, show at 8pm. Wednesdays, same time: “Open Mic Light” – acoustic, duos, spoken word, pianists, etc.
- Desy’s Bar and Grill (Morrisville) Wednesday 9pm
- Fainting Goat Brewing Company (Fuquay-Varina) – Thursday – 7pm
- Falls River Music (Raleigh) – Wednesday – 8pm
- Fortnight Brewing (Cary) – Monday – 8pm
- Gatehouse Tavern (Wake Forest) – Wednesday – 8pm
- Gizmo Brew Works (Raleigh) – Thursday – 7pm
- Imurj (Raleigh) – Wednesday – 6:30 signup/7pm show
- Korner Pocket Sports Bar and Grille (Raleigh) – Thursday – 9pm
- Lorraine’s Coffee House (Raleigh) – First Thursday of every month – 7:30
- Mac’s Tavern (Cary) – Tuesday – 8:30pm
- Magnolia Roots (Wake Forest) – First Wed of the month- 6:30-9
- North Street Beer Station (Raleigh) – Monday – 7pm (comedy only, on first Mon of the month)
- Ruckus Pizza (Raleigh) – Tuesday – 10pm
- Sam Ash (Raleigh) – Wednesday – 7pm
- Social Durham (Durham) – Tuesday 10pm
- The Brickhouse Sports Pub (Raleigh) – Every other Thursday – 10pm
- The Corner Biergarten (Fuquy-Varina) – Tues 7pm-close
- The Corner Tavern & Grill (Cary) – Thursday – 8pm – Check Facebook
- The Piper’s Restaurant & Tavern (Raleigh) – Thursday – 9pm
- The Spring (Willow Springs) – Thursday – 7pm
- Captain John’s Dockside (Chapel Hill) – Every other Wednesday – 7pm
- Local 506 – (Chapel Hill) – Monday – Sign up at 7:30, starts at 8:30 (The infamous open mic from Carrboro’s The Station has moved here.)
- Second Wind (Carrboro) – Sunday – Sign up at 8pm, starts at 9pm
- West End Wine Bar (Chapel Hill) – 1st and 3rd Thursdays – 8pm
- Willow Creek Laundromat (Carrboro) – Fridays – 10pm
- Beyu Caffe (Brett’s Open Mic) – Wednesday – 8pm
- Blue Note Grill (Blues Jam) – Tuesday – 7:30pm
- City Soul Cafe Noir Lounge -Wednesday – 8pm
- James Joyce Irish Pub – Sunday – 9:30pm
- La Piazza Roxboro Tuesday 7pm
- Skewer’s Bar & Grill – Wednesday – Sign up at 8:30, show at 9
- Social Durham – Tuesday – 8pm
- Starbucks (Parkwest Crossing, 4834 Highway 55) – Fifth Saturday of the month – 6pm
- City Tap – Wednesday – 8pm
- Yonder: Southern Cocktails and Brew – We host on Tuesday nights from 7:30 to 11, with 30 minutes for spoken word and music beginning promptly at 8.
- Weaver Street Market (Outdoors) – Thursday – Open mic is encouraged during the break in the scheduled musical act, from 6pm – 8pm; break time is around 7pm
- The Common Market (South End) – Tuesday – 7pm – Check Facebook
- Moochies Tavern (Matthews) – Tuesday 6:30 http://www.moochiestavern.com/
- The Evening Muse – Monday – Doors at 7pm, show at 8pm. Features special guest performer; $3 cover
- The Bathtub Gin – Mooresville – Thursday – Signup at 8:30, show at 9:30pm
- Tosco Music Party (TMP) at The Evening Muse – 1st Wednesday – 8pm
- Claddagh Restaurant and Pub (High Point) – Monday – 9pm
- Common Grounds (Greensboro) – Thursday – 7pm
- Doodad Farm (Greensboro) – Last Thursday of every month; songwriters circle – 7pm
- Four Saints Brewing Company (Asheboro) – First Friday of the month – 7pm. Competition awards $100 to winning performer, determined by audience and judge voting.
- Mean Mug Coffee Company (Salisbury) – Friday – 7:00pm
- Muddy Creek Cafe and Music Hall (Winston-Salem) – Thursday – 6:30pm
- PB & Java (Greensboro) – Sponsored by Greensboro Grooves – Wednesday – 8pm
- Pine Tree Bar & Grill (Winston-Salem) – Thursday – 7:30pm
- New York Pizza (Greensboro) – Tuesday – Sign up at 7 for a 9pm show
- The Deck at River Twist (Jamestown) – Wednesday – Sign up at 7, show at 8pm
- The People’s Perk (Greensboro) – Follow on Facebook; dates/times vary
- Flood Gallery Fine Art Center (Black Mountain) – Thursday – Sign up at 6, show 6:30 – 8:30
- Tiggs Pond Retreat Center, Standing on the Side of Love Coffee House (Zirconia) – Second Saturday of the month – 2:00pm
- White Horse (Black Mountain) – Tuesday – 8:45pm